? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Minnow and the Trout

So today I have to get my act together and go to the mall and hand some resumes in, so that I can get a job, so that I will have money to buy stuff. See it's a great cycle. Money is so important, it’s kind of dumb. I mean whatever happened to the days when you would spend the whole day at the park? That was free and I used to love it. I guess your parents pay for everything when you are little but there is something about being a kid that doesn't really matter if you have 20 cents in your pocket or $2.00


I want to apply at HMV, Play, The Body Shop, and Lululemon if they want me. I have had two jobs before and been the whole job process before but I still get so nervous. I guess it's kind of hard to know what other people expect you to be. I guess that's how everything in life is.

______________________________________________________
I did it! It was difficult but obviously I live to tell the tale. So first I went to HMV and I was a mess. My hand was actually shaking when I was writing my availability down! Next I went to The Body Shop and the girl doing cash said that they actually weren't hiring right now but they still asked me some questions like why I would want to work there and all that. Next I went to Lululemon. The girl that I gave my resume to was super nice! She asked me if I still spoke French and I replied with 'un peu'(which means a bit for the French impaired). Then she started telling me all about when she lived in France and stuff. My last stop was at my dream job (well at least for being 17), at Play. It's just a CD store and it even sells some DVDs but there is something about that place that reeks of cool. It’s not as commercial as HMV and I always catch myself buying really cool CDs there, instead of my guilty pleasure pop. Hannah Montana anyone? Anyway I said to the guy at the desk that I wanted to drop off my resume and he comes over with this look like I just ruined his life and asks what type of music I like. I didn't really hear him and was a little put off by the fact that he was being such a downer, so I said pardon and then he looked up at me like I just killed his dog. Come on, I was just being friendly! It's not like I was all 'Speak up pops!' But I almost wish I did. So I replied with "Rock, pop and a little country", because I wanted to seem open minded towards everything. Which I am. Musically wise anyway.

Then I left. What a day =)

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Good job on applying for jobs!!!
and that guy at play is dumb, he probably was thinking, oh here's a little blonde girl, she probably likes jessica simpson or something, when really you probably like better music than him!

♥B said...

Bahhaa! Right except you like Jessica Simpson so ha!

Tamara said...

i don't like jessica simpson
where are you getting this from?

Sammyj said...

YAY
JOBS JOBS JOBS!

♥B said...

It's on your iPod Tamara!! Don't lie! Bahahahha!

Sam I am so ewxcited to start working with you again! You can't even imagine!