Should anyone ever be able to define themselves? Like you know that icebreaker game when you describe yourself in one word? What the hell!? One word doesn't make a person. One action doesn't even make a person. I was searching the web and came across some one's advice to figure out your personality, values, goals and friends. I can see how knowing yourself would be a good thing, but then we are always told to push ourselves and test our limits by teachers and parents. I believe we are always changing especially day to day. I know right now I'm going through a faze and I just need to step out of it but this faze might one day be a defining moment for me.
I don't know if anyone will find this relevant except me, but my favorite books in series such as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Twilight, are the ones where (on of) the main character(s) are going through something. I like the Second Sisterhood the best because I always seemed to identify with Bridget the best (even though I'm not an athlete) and when she was going through all that stuff with her past it all spoke to me. This bubbly character was darker and more real than ever. It's like when I'm a bit down or out of it, it seems like everyone notices because I'm not Blaire! the loud crazy girl. Whatever. No one's one thing ALL the time. And about Twilight, New Moon was for sure the best. I knew from the beginning of Twilight that Edward leave. Maybe it's just a divorced kid thing, but I just don't feel like forever exists anymore.
Friday, January 16, 2009
You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol
Posted by ♥B at Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Totally agree on the 'everyone changes' bit. Never really realized that one word game either... :|
I think if you're known for having such a "! the loud crazy girl" personality, people are more inclined to notice when it's not there. And I think everyone notices because they all care about you and think you express happiness by being that person; they want to know what's wrong and bugging you when you're not that.
>> No one's one thing ALL the time.
A lot of people don't realize that. A lot of people don't appreciate downtime, chilling out. But it's easy to trick people sometimes, when they don't know any better. And even sometimes when they do.
>>> I just don't feel like forever exists anymore.
Sometimes I feel like that. Sometimes... I just can't let myself believe in that.
Love you.
Stupid word game. Hhaha okay I'll put a smile on my face just to be
everyone's favorite girl. I wrote a random song to that once. Well more of a poem really...
I will try not to let myself believe that either. <3 LOVELOVELOVE
I agree, one word can not describe a person, and people are constantly changing.
Sandra's comment pretty much said all I wanted to say. When you are the crazy happy girl, its more noticeable when you're down. Which in my opinion sucks cause you can't always be exuberant, sometimes its nice to just be calm and thoughtful. And sometimes you are sad, but don't want to be prodded about why. Sometimes there isn't a reason why. (by the way, the "you"s in the above sentences were general "you"s)
I'm also with sandra in that sometimes I feel like forever doesn't exist anymore, but I refuse to let myself believe that.
Love you so much
<3
Post a Comment